Escaping Reality
Welcome to Quill and Ink's little escape from reality. Log in or sign up to post and make this irritating box go away.

:3
Escaping Reality
Welcome to Quill and Ink's little escape from reality. Log in or sign up to post and make this irritating box go away.

:3
Escaping Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you dream of perfection?Of course you do, you are human after all.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Fuck Scrolling
DRYH
Planestride
Digital Decay
Bass Line
Titanstuck
Deadmind
Game of Damnation
Super[HUMAN]
Mark of God
Chronicles of Rust
Hell On Earth
Soul Eater: The RP
Class 12
As Above
/error
Among Us
Gemstuck
Siliqua

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Keywords
Latest topics
» The Survivors & Politics (Races and Factions)
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 am by Corbael

» A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 12:35 pm by Corbael

» Escape: The Magpie
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 12:50 am by Void

» Cecil Ardell From the Poison Apple
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 12:03 am by Void

» ID CARD APPLICATION SHEET
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:20 pm by Corbael

» The Four Qualities of a Gentleman
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 pm by Corbael

» What's on the Radio?
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 pm by Corbael

» For example...
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 3:13 am by Void

» The Shot Heard 'Round The World
A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 11:45 pm by Void

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:10 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corbael
The Headshot Whore
Corbael

A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) Empty
PostSubject: A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)   A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 am

Quick Reference List

Elemental Guardians

• Faenyx, God of Flame and Forge
  • Nautrin, God of the Sea
  • Atmosia, Goddess of the Four Winds
  • Gallaia, Goddess of Nature

Gods of the Mortal Plane

• V'aanya, Goddess of Lusts
  • Scryb, God of Truth
  • Ja'kaal, God of Deceit
  • Nyxin, Goddess of Night
  • Solsira, Goddess of Sunlight

Demons/Dark Entities
Not necessarily Gods, but beings of considerable power who can affect the world around them in meaningful ways.

• Memnoch, Warden of Souls
  • Satyr, Keeper of the Crossroads
  • Arachne, The Faceless Liar
  • The Unspeakable Name, Monarch of the Abyss

Elder Spirits

• Spirit of the Great Forest
  • Spirit of Storms
  • Spirit of Blood and Flesh
  • Spirit of Madness
Back to top Go down
https://escaperealityrp.forumotion.com
Corbael
The Headshot Whore
Corbael

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)   A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 2:17 am

Elemental Guardians

The first Gods placed on earth by the Cosmos. They shaped the lands and set the rules of nature. Their offspring would become the Gods of the Mortal Plane. When the Spirits they created to assist them in keeping the mortal plane stable made effigies to mock them, their rage would birth the four demons who torment the land to this day.

Faenyx, God of Flame and Forge

Depicted as a bird-headed man with six wings and feathers of fire, Faenyx was sent down by the Sun to warm the barren planet and make it tolerable for the cold-sensitive Nautrin. It is said he melted away the "chill of emptiness" by spreading all six of his wings to their full extent. He would later marry Gallaia and father V'aanya, Nyxin, and Solsira. His rage would become Satyr.

It is assumed that his association with the forge comes from his metaphorical "refining" of the barren planet into something useful. Blacksmiths toss offerings in the form of charms and small wicker effigies into their forges to gain his favor. During the Reset, Faenyx spread his wings again and sent a mighty gust of heated air over the land, withering crops and searing whole forests to ash.

Nautrin, God of the Sea

Depicted as a massive serpent with the torso of a man, curled up at the bottom of the sea, Nautrin was sent by the Moon to flood the deep chasms and valleys with water. Faenyx had to warm the planet first, as Nautrin could hardly move in the cold. It is said he sleeps at the bottom of the sea, only awakening to "answer the moon's call". He would later marry Atmosia and father Scryb and Ja'kaal. His rage would become Memnoch.

It is thought that his breathing in and out causes the tides. Many have pointed out that he seems to have been placed on earth expressly to occupy the ocean. Some believe he guards something in the depths, others believe he is the most powerful God and simply awaits the orders of the Moon to destroy all that lives along the shore. Sailors once appeased him by carving messages of gratitude into fish bones and tossing them back into the sea. During the Reset, he thrashed his body about to cause horrible tsunamis and tidal waves, devastating coastal cities.

Atmosia, Goddess of the Four Winds

Depicted as a fragile, winged woman with a tail of feathers and four wings, Atmosia was sent by the Stars to breathe life into the warmed and watered land. She walked the land alone, singing softly as she went. Her singing entranced and seduced Nautrin, whom she would later marry and give birth to Scryb and Ja'kaal. Her rage would become The Unspeakable Name.

It is thought that "whistling" winds are Atmosia singing her song, and that she never stopped wandering the lands. It is considered very good luck to hear the whistling. Expecting mothers would hang charms of feathers and flowers through their house to encourage Atmosia to visit and breathe life into their unborn children. During the Reset, she screamed until the winds tore apart homes and toppled trees.

Gallaia, Goddess of Nature

Depicted as a deer with the torso of a woman and hair made of moss, Gallaia grew the trees and animals of earth from droplets of her own blood. She supposedly created the Elder Spirits and all subsequent spirits from daydreams and sighs. She loved the warmth of Faenyx's wings so much that she stayed by his side for thirty years straight, eventually marrying him and giving birth to V'annia, Nyxin and Solsira.

Despite being depicted as a gentle, even flighty Goddess, Gallaia is associated with stones and metals as well as flora and fauna. It is said that although she produces and rules over these materials, Faenyx makes use of them. Farmers, hunters, and travelers passing through forested areas make sure to offer her pouches of seeds or runestones to distract her, as she has been long thought to despise those who trespass in her domain. During the Reset, she was heartbroken by Faenyx's destruction of her hard work, and her weeping brought the dead plants back to life as monstrous, dangerous, poisonous mockeries of their previous selves.
Back to top Go down
Corbael
The Headshot Whore
Corbael

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)   A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Gods of the Mortal Plane

V'aanya, Goddess of Lusts

Daughter of Faenyx and Gallaia, typically depicted as a woman in a golden and white robe with a hood that covers the top half of her face. White hair cascades over her shoulders. Occasionally she will spread "wings of golden stardust" when communicating with mortals.

Although her title leads many to believe she rules over sexual and romantic encounters, V'aanya's domain is the insatiable hunger. Sexual lust, bloodlust, lust for power...She represents the relentless pursuit of a primal hunger. Her weapon is a spear and her sacred animal is the Wolf. She appears to mortals often and seems to enjoy meddling in their affairs.

Scryb, God of Truth

Son of Nautrin and Atmosia, depicted as a monk in a blue robe with a white belt and a white blindfold over his eyes. This hides the only difference between him and his twin brother, Ja'kaal: Ice blue eyes for Scryb, deep green for Ja'kaal.

Scryb's domain is all that is. He is interested only the immutable truth of a situation, not even humoring speculation or imagination. One can summon him in search of answers, but he bitterly despises the mortal plane and will often refuse to answer any question that doesn't interest him. His weapon is a mace and his sacred animal is the Owl.

Ja'kaal, God of Deceit

Son of Nautrin and Atmosia, depicted as a monk in a blue robe with a white belt and a white blindfold over his eyes. This hides the only difference between him and his twin brother, Scryb: Ice blue eyes for Scryb, deep green for Ja'kaal.

Ja'kaal's domain is all that is not. He delights in misleading mortals and sowing the seeds of doubt in their minds. Riddles and "pranks" are his favorite way of interacting with those who summon him. It's nearly impossible to tell him apart from his brother, a fact which he uses to his advantage when his brother chooses not to answer the summons of a curious mortal. His weapon is a mace and his sacred animal is the Fox.

Nyxin, Goddess of Night

Daughter of Faenyx and Gallaia, depicted as a pale woman in a black dress with long black hair and ruby red lips. Her eyes are covered by her hair at all times, save for when she claims a soul as her own, revealing fiery golden irises that can bring the strongest warrior to his knees in agony.

Nyxin's domain is the Night and all things that dwell within it - dreams, moon magicks, star scrying - she is the keeper of mysteries and magicks that are as dangerous as they are ancient. She can only be summoned from the reflection of the moon in smooth obsidian, but her blessing in a ritual can increase a spell's effects tenfold. Her weapon is a silver staff and her sacred animal is the Raven.

Solsira, Goddess of Sunlight

Daughter of Faenyx and Gallaia, depicted as a dark skinned, red-haired woman in golden armor. Her eyes are a brilliant golden color and she is almost always smiling triumphantly. She puts off an aura of confidence and joyous celebration, as well as a radiating warmth.

Solsira's domain is the Day and all things that dwell within it - the passage of time, the growing of crops, birdsong and fire magicks - seemingly minuscule things fall under her domain, but she insists they are vital to the balance of the mortal plane. Warriors look to her tireless spirit in battle, and even mercenaries and assassins ask for her blessing to accomplish feats they perceive as nearly impossible. Her weapon is the sword and shield and her sacred animal is the Lion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)   A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)
Page 1 of 1