Escaping Reality
Welcome to Quill and Ink's little escape from reality. Log in or sign up to post and make this irritating box go away.

:3
Escaping Reality
Welcome to Quill and Ink's little escape from reality. Log in or sign up to post and make this irritating box go away.

:3
Escaping Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you dream of perfection?Of course you do, you are human after all.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Fuck Scrolling
DRYH
Planestride
Digital Decay
Bass Line
Titanstuck
Deadmind
Game of Damnation
Super[HUMAN]
Mark of God
Chronicles of Rust
Hell On Earth
Soul Eater: The RP
Class 12
As Above
/error
Among Us
Gemstuck
Siliqua

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Keywords
Latest topics
» The Survivors & Politics (Races and Factions)
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 am by Corbael

» A Guide to Dead Gods (Pantheon)
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 12:35 pm by Corbael

» Escape: The Magpie
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 12:50 am by Void

» Cecil Ardell From the Poison Apple
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 12:03 am by Void

» ID CARD APPLICATION SHEET
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:20 pm by Corbael

» The Four Qualities of a Gentleman
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 pm by Corbael

» What's on the Radio?
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 pm by Corbael

» For example...
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 3:13 am by Void

» The Shot Heard 'Round The World
Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 11:45 pm by Void

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:10 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Calamity's Station

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corbael
The Headshot Whore
Corbael

Calamity's Station Empty
PostSubject: Calamity's Station   Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Calamity's RESEARCH ability can unlock new upgrades, abilities, items, etc. if you collect things in the field and send them back to her for study. Each item and some perks/abilities will now have a "Lore" slot, which is their one space for Calamity's upgrades. This thread will contain all you need to know about the Lore + Research functions.

B A S I C S

RESEARCH - Forfeit a weapon to Calamity for the duration of a campaign (one thread) and she will return it to you with a filled Lore slot. The more information/Flavor you send her through the campaign, the more powerful the upgrade is likely to be.

FLAVOR - Flavor can come in the form of text, items, trinkets, and observations. These things can be collected and sent back to Calamity to add to the power of your Lore upgrade.

LORE - Lore is an upgrade slot gained by all non-crafted weapons (and some very special crafted weapons), and tagged on to certain abilities/perks (depending on where you got them from). Calamity, having been turned into an NPC, can now unlock and root out these bits of Lore for you at the cost of forfeiting a weapon for the duration of a thread.
Back to top Go down
https://escaperealityrp.forumotion.com
Corbael
The Headshot Whore
Corbael

Calamity's Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calamity's Station   Calamity's Station I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 4:47 pm

FLAVOR: IN-DEPTH

What is Flavor Text?

Documents, journals, notebooks, etc. Any written/typed information that can be forwarded to Calamity. You don't have to actually read the information, just know what it is and know to send it forward, but I assure you I've typed up everything elsewhere and you are free to ask for it.

What are Flavor Items?

Let's say you're looking to upgrade a bow. We'll make one up just for the occasion: Ouroboros Bow. You plucked this particularly powerful bow off the corpse of a swamp creature. Later on, while exploring an old temple, you find a creature similar to the one you got the bow from. It's carrying a handful of pretty silver arrowheads. You send them back. Step 3: ????. Step 4: You can control a snake goddess.

Trinkets? What is this, the Binding of Isaac?!

No, and if it was I'd be ok with that because that's a great game, dickweed. Trinkets are functionally useless items that serve absolutely no purpose other than to further Research. You don't have to burn those awesome silver arrowheads by sending them to Calamity, but what are you going to do with this crumbling mini figure of a snake-lady that possesses no magical properties and would probably disintegrate if dropped? You're gonna learn what it's supposed to depict and gain control of a snake goddess is what you're going to fucking do with it.

Fine, but what's the deal with Observations?

That's unique because it has nothing to do with the characters. This is room for player input. Perhaps you look at the bow and notice the snake theme and you say "Hey that's a cool snake theme, does it possess any venomous abilities?" and I'd say "It does now because I didn't think of that but that makes sense, thanks for making your bow more powerful, player."
Back to top Go down
https://escaperealityrp.forumotion.com

Calamity's Station
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escaping Reality :: Digital Decay :: OOC Info-
Jump to: